Call for Speakers is Open!
Submit now for the WFX Conference & Expo and/or our WFX REACH Conference!
We are excited to announce our 2018 event locations and dates. WFX Conference and Expo will be in sunny Orlando, FL November 13-15 and WFX REACH will be at ManheimBIC, PA May 22-23. WFX has a unique niche in the event marketplace, offering a strong topical and functional educational platform along with the largest national trade show in the House of Worship market. We garner speakers who are highly regarded church leaders, ministry experts and industry professionals, making our event one of the most respected in the country.
Feel free to submit proposals to WFX Conference & Expo and/or WFX REACH. While the two have similarities, there are also differences. Both curate an unrivaled educational platform that is affordable for church teams to attend together. WFX Conference and Expo is a national event held in an expo center while the WFX REACH conference is held in a church setting providing the essential educational elements of the national WFX Conference and Expo.
All proposals must be submitted via the online form. Multiple proposals can be submitted if there are various topics on which you are qualified to speak; however, each proposal must be submitted SEPARATELY. If you are submitting the same session proposal for both WFX Conference & Expo and WFX REACH, please contact Keyra Jallah at Keyra.Jallah@Informa.com after submitting your proposal to either of the conferences so it can be duplicated for the alternate event.
Please review the application guidelines below thoroughly before applying. WFX garners highly qualified and well-seasoned speakers so please be detailed and know that your diligence in the application process is part of what we consider when choosing our teaching faculty.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2018
Notification of Acceptance: April 1st and ongoing
WFX REACH and WFX Conference & Expo is an educational and training event for churches looking to find creative solutions, experience hands-on training, and make relevant connections through valuable networking opportunities. Attendees include staff leaders and lay leaders, decision makers and key influencers, executive staff, administrators, building and facilities managers, technical directors, technical team members, communications directors, worship leaders, worship teams and more.
This 2 day conference will inspire and equip church teams with necessary tools to help them more effectively use trending strategies to grow their ministries. Churches all over America are merging, expanding, and transforming the old into something new. Knowing how much we can learn from each other, we put valuable stories within REACH of the local church.
SESSION TRACKS include, but are not limited to:
- Building Design, Projects, & Safety & Security
- Church Communications & Media
- Tech Directors Essentials & Tech Team Education & Training
- Leadership & Staff Development
Five co-located conferences, all at the same time and at the same place!
To optimize a more immersive and interactive learning experience for the attendee, WFX will consist of 5 different conferences running concurrently with their own pre-conference intensives, keynote speakers, hands-on training, educational and peer group discussion sessions. Tuesday pre-conference intensives are two to four hour teaching and training opportunities. Wednesday and Thursday teaching sessions are 45-90 minutes long, including, Q & A.
PRECONFERENCE INTENSIVES AND SESSION TOPICS include, but are not limited to:
- Building Design & Projects
- Safety & Security
- Communications & Media
- Facilities & Operations Management
- Multi-Site Churches
- Leadership & Team Development
- Tech Directors Essentials
- Tech Team Education & Training
Conference sessions are 45 -90 minutes in length including time for Q & A. Please state time needed in your proposal. WFX Conference and Expo preconference intensives 2 hours or 4 hours in length and held on Tuesday, November 13. REACH AVL hands-on training pre-conference sessions will be from 9:00am-12:00pm.
In order to accurately promote your session please identify your ideal audience segment in this area of your submission. Also include one of the below church sizes that will benefit most from your session:
Small (1-300 seats) • Medium (301-800 seats) • Large (801-2,000 seats) • Mega (2,001+ seats) • All
Speakers are given an additional complimentary full conference pass for an associate. A speaker's lounge is available throughout the conference and is intended to be for speakers exclusively.
In order to effectively market our programs, we require that all speakers adhere to all deadlines unless an extension has been agreed to or risk being dropped from the conference. Session proposals will not be considered until all required information in the application is completed. We reserve the right to edit session content for consistency and style. WFX/WFX REACH must be contacted in the event of a speaker substitution as soon as possible and all changes must be approved of by us.
Company Representatives - Please Read This!
- Although you do not need to commit to exhibiting in order to submit your speaking proposal, you subsequently must agree to exhibit if you are selected to speak. If you are part of a panel session, please note that any person speaking on behalf of a company other than yours, must also agree to exhibit.
- WFX is incredibly expensive to produce! Your exhibiting fees make it possible to keep the church attendee registration price as low as possible, resulting in a well-qualified audience positioned in front of you both in your session and on the expo/showcase floor.
- Our events promote peer-to-peer learning which offers companies credibility to the audience. If selected to speak, you must include a co-presenter from a church, non-profit, or para ministry as part of your presentation. Ideally, this is a person who has worked with you, and can attest to your product and/or service.
- Beware! Sessions that are overtly self-promoting, have a company bias, or feel like a sales pitch are strongly disliked by the attendees who say so on session evaluations.
Preparing Your Application - What You Will Need
Your Presenter Information
Contact information (name, title, organization, address, phone, email)
Social media URLs (organization's or personal, depending upon which you feel is more appropriate)
Bio (1000 character limit)
Last 3 speaking engagements (if applicable)
Your co-presenter's information (if applicable)
Contact information (name, title, organization, phone, email)
Bio (1000 character limit)
- Panel sessions cannot have more than 3 speakers plus a moderator, and at least one speaker must be a representative from a church or non-profit or para ministry.
- Reminder: all companies who are part of a teaching session, whether they are the primary presenter, co-presenter, panelist or moderator, MUST agree to exhibit.
Look to the following for suggestions and resources on how to prepare your submission:
For the online form, email Keyra Jallah at Keyra.Jallah@Informa.com
Questions? Contact Beth Vinton, Beth.Vinton@Informa.com or 508.614.1233